Mountain Skills Courses in Snowdonia.
Mountain Skills Snowdonia.
Next course =15+16 April 2017, 17+18 April 2017, 29+30 April 2017, 15+16 May 2017, 20+21 May 2017
Aim Higher mountain skills courses in Snowdonia, North Wales are an ideal choice for people interested in transferring their walking skills to more mountainous and complex terrain and are a natural progression from the hills skills course. Ideally, clients will have a reasonable level of fitness to enable them to get the most out of the course.
Our mountain skills courses are accredited via Mountain Training and are an excellent way of getting the correct foundation skills for mountain walking. We will aim to get as much practical experience into the courses to ensure you have ample opportunities to experience the mountain environment but also to appreciate the different skill set required for walking in the mountains. As part of the course you receive a safety handbook, a certificate of attendance and also registration for an online log book where you can record your walking experiences.
The terrain will be a mixture of country roads, footpaths, steep hills and slopes with some crags and with a mix of rough, wet and flat terrain underfoot.
A typical 2 day mountain skills course will consist of the following:
- Meet and greet 9am (indoors)
- Discuss the factors which affect planning a walk including weather, clothing and technology
- Navigation including maps and modern technology
- A journey into the mountain environment covering various topics along the way.
- First day finishes around 5pm with a debrief and short session to plan the next day’s activities
- Meet 9am
- Discuss the outline plan for Day 2 including a short refresher of Day 1
- Access and conservation, first aid and emergency procedures
- Route finding and problem solving
- A journey whilst discussing and implementing the course topics over mountainous terrain
- Debrief and feedback on the two days
- Course aims to finish around 5pm
All our instructors are local, fully qualified for the course they are responsible for, fully insured and qualified first aiders.
15+16 April 2017
17+18 April 2017
29+30 April 2017
15+16 May 2017
20+21 May 2017
Contact us for details and last minute places, check our blog for updates or check out our social media for current news.
£120.00 per person for the 2 day course. This includes handbook, certificate and registration.
How To Book?
Please contact us via phone/email or social media to book your place on any of our courses.
In the meantime, should you have any questions about any of our courses please get in touch on:
Or visit our contact page.